Applications in Fuels and Refining
Robust Online Monitoring of Product Composition and Physical Properties
The Apex and ApexPro analyzer provides laboratory and online analysis of Diesel, Gasoline, Jet Fuel, Kerosene and other petroleum fractions for a wide range of critical properties. It also provides measurement of Crude Oil Properties, blending components, and blended fuels.
The Apex FG-1000 Laboratory analyzer, used by many state labs for octane screening, pump quality testing and other fuel measurements such as biodiesel content, saves time and money by providing as many as 35 properties in a single 30 second analysis. Ideal for fuel or crude screening.
In-Process analyzers provide real-time determination of key properties in Crude Oil, Fuels, and many supporting process streams, offering optimization of any refinery process. Verum Analytics provides online and in-process systems including fuel/crude sensors, probes, and accessories for monitoring any refinery product stream.
Gasoline Blending Control and Optimization
- Gasoline and Diesel Blending Control – Verum’s ApexPro online analyzers minimize Octane ‘Give-A-Way’ and allow for determination of key fuel quality parameters in real time. Improve any fuel refining and blending process with automated in-process monitoring.
- Fuel Property Measurement – Provides online measurement of Octane, RVP, Distillation Profile, Aromatics, Benzene, Additives and more.
- Multi-stream Management – The ApexPro’s Multiplexer allows for measuring up to 20 process points with one analyzer. Integrate real time property analysis of component streams for improved process control.
- Process Ready – The ApexPro Online system is suitable for all process environments and can incorporate inline sensors, probes, sample cells, or sample conditioning systems as needed. Product properties are analyzed and fed directly into the DCS or process control unit for real time feedback and control of final product.
Additional NIR Applications at Petroleum Refineries
- Naphtha Cracking – Measure and optimize Catalytic and Steam Crackers by measuring properties such as PIONA, Benzene, and Density.
- Crude Oil – Measure incoming crude oil RVP, Acidity, Viscosity, Water, Density, and much more. Optimize Crude Oil refing processes such as Crude Distillation Units (CDU’s) See our crude oil applications page for more information.
- Aromatics – Measure Xylene (o-, p- and m-) concentrations to optimize the Isomerization Process. Measure Benzene and Toluene concentrations.
- Alkylation – Measure Acid Levels (HF or H2SO4) and monitor the Alkylation Process
- Catalytic Reformer – Measure RON, MON, PON, Naphtha and other key properties online
- Other Applications – Solvent Extraction, Hydro-treating, Additives, Amine streams, Sweetening Processes and Dewaxing.
- Field mounted NIR Analyzers can be located outdoors or in analyzer houses. Verum Analytics provides housing and analyzer enclosures for virtually any classification of environment.
- The analyzer is connected to the sensor/probe or cell at the measurement point by fiber optic cable. Both the probes, cells, and fiber cables are passive and suitable for easy implementation into any classified production environment.
- One ApexProl Analyzer is capable of measuring up to 20 different process measurement points. Integrated results reporting supplies all measurements instantly and in real time to the Process Control Unit.
- See more details about Process NIR Systems here
Selected List of Fuel Properties
- Petrochemicals Measured
Kerosene / Jet Fuel
Naphtha and Naphthalene
Fuel Oil / Heating Oil
- Fuel Properties
Octane Number (RON, MON, PON)
Distillation IBP and FBP determinations
Distillation Cuts: 10%, 30%, 50%, 70%, 90%
Distillation E70, E100, E150, E200, and E300
Cetane Number / Index
Cold Filter Plug Point
Density / API Gravity
- Petrochemical Properties
p- , o- and m- Xylenes
Acids in Alkylation
High and Low RON
Verum Analytics is now offering its newest analyzer design, the Apex NIR
platform, in place of the ParaFuel. The Apex offers many advantages
without any drawbacks. We provide trade-in offers to help our customers
benefit from the latest and best analyzers. Contact us if you are
ready to upgrade.