Polymers and Plastics
Applications in Polymer Synthesis and Processing
Measure key Chemical and Physical Properties
Online Polymer analysis. The ApexPro In-Process Chemical Sensors provide determination of key properties across all stages of polymer, monomer, and precursor production. Applications include polymer and monomer production, processing, finished product quality and even recycling.
The list below is only a sampling of the ApexPro measurement solutions in the Polymer industry. The many applications of Near Infrared analysis of polymers have helped manufactures large and small save time and money. Contact us to learn how we can help with your analysis needs.
Key Measurement Advantages
- Powerful, Flexible Analysis- The Apex NIR analyzer is available in several configurations for laboratory and process measurements of a variety of products. Rugged options such as our Hot Melt Probes/Sensors allow for direct measurements at the extruder or in the melt flow.
- Any State – Measure properties of a variety of liquids and solids including melts, pellets, film, sheets and other extruded plastics. Melt properties are easily measured directly in solids for a quick QC check. And process-ready polymer sensors & probes stand up to extruder and hot melt temperatures and pressures.
- Online Measurement- Make key measurements online to improve process control. Take measurements directly at reactors, extruders, and other process units. See our Process Pages for more information about our complete process measurement solution.
- Multi-point Management – The Multiplexer allows for measuring up to 20 process points with one analyzer. Integrate real time monitoring of various streams for improved process control.
- Process Ready – ApexPro Online Analyzers are suitable for all process environments and can incorporate inline probes, sensors, sample cells, or sample conditioning systems as needed. Product properties are analyzed and fed directly into the DCS or process control unit for real time feedback and control of final product.
Selected List of Products and Properties
Products Measured (Partial List)
Polyamides/Nylon (PA6 or PA66)
Properties measured by the Apex and ApexPro Polymer Analyzer:
Determination of Acid Number
Catalyst Content Analysis
Quantifying Copolymer Ratio
Quantifying Amine End Groups
Degree of Polymerization
Extent of Reaction
Glass Transition Temperature (Tg)
Melting Point (Tm)
Detection of Moisture
Determination of Molecular Weight
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)
Verum Analytics is now offering its newest analyzer design, the Apex NIR platform, in place of the IsoChem. The Apex offers many advantages without any drawbacks. We provide trade-in offers to help our customers benefit from the latest and best analyzers. Contact us if you are ready to upgrade.